Please come see me at Can I Get A Do-Over. You'll be glad you stopped by for a visit!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
So I've been doing my best to follow my New Year's resolution of getting my body back. I've been following Thrive Weightloss consistently and going to karate classes. I'm on a roll and my goal is to stay committed without blow it days until the 23rd, which is when my mom wants to celebrate all the January birthdays.
Weekends will be hard, but I have the right attitude and focus. I don't want to make excuses or blame anyone else when I falter. But OMG I AM SO GLAD THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER! That may have more to do with my good attitude than anything else.
Be back soon!
Posted by Cin at 6:02 PM
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Today my attitude was so much better and I feel better. It's amazing what a full night's sleep will do for you, and I attribute that to finally being back on Thrive long enough for my metabolism to be running the way it should be again.
- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, sauteed mushrooms and spinach and fat free cheese rolled up on a La Banderita Xtreme Fiber tortilla
- Lunch: Applebees - sirloin with sauteed mushrooms and onions and steamed veggies
- Dinner: Baked chicken sprinkled with Mrs. Dash Chipotle Pepper Seasoning and steamed veggies (from a steamer bag you get in the freezer section). I'm tossing around the idea of adding a 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta and some Parmesan cheese and some hot sauce (I love the stuff) to it
- Snack: Power Crunch Bar
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
I hung in there today. Give me an ATTABOY. That's 3 perfect days. and THAT means I've reached efficient fat burning mode. Like I said in a previous post, weekdays are usually easy for me to be perfect diet-wise. It's the weekends, the change of my routine, the stress that make for blow it days.
Now I can be successful on this plan (albeit the weight comes off slower) by having 1 blow it day a week. I can even get by with have a couple beers on the night before my blow it day and still lose weight slowly. But you have to be careful when you drink alcohol, because your resolve to do the right thing gets dulled and that's when I get into trouble. A few Cheese Its, potato chips, cheese fries, etc. So I try to stick with water on Friday nights and have my blow it day on Saturday.
- Breakfast: 1 cup Special K Protein Plus and 1/2 cup skim milk. Also hemp hearts sprinkled on the cereal.
- Lunch: The last of the Thrive recipe chicken alfredo (brought it to the class I'm taking and borrowed their fridge and microwave)
- Snack: Twisted Energy Bar with protein. A little chalky, but it had a sweet/salty taste.
- Dinner: hamburger steak, 1 slice double fiber 50 calories a slice whole wheat bread, a little light mayo and jalapenos (made like a burger) and beats
Monday, November 29, 2010
Well after 4 weeks of doing Thrive Weightloss, I'm down a pound. This after blowing it for 4 days during the holiday weekend and blowing it both days the previous weekend. All in all, I don't consider that bad, but I do consider my poor resolve bad and realize I need to work on it.
Today was my 2nd perfect day and I hope I can keep it up. I'm taking a class out of town all week so I'll be eating out for lunch most days. They say it takes 48 hours to get into efficient fat burning mode and that's where I want to be.
- Breakfast: 1 1/2 cups Special K Protein Plus, 1/2 cup skim milk and a little bit of hemp hearts. I also choked down the a tablespoon of the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar With the Mother, which is supposed to have thermogenic properties.
- Lunch: Salad from Firehouse Subs with smoked turkey, no dressing. I brought my own Italian dressing made with the Braggs, MCT oil and the seasoning packet
- Dinner: Chicken Alfredo (recipe from Thrive) and another tablespoon of the Braggs.
- Snack: 2 Glenny's Brownies (haven't had them yet, but drool thinking about them)
If you've never choked down the Braggs vinegar before, it's harsh. I mix it with a little water and some Splenda. It's the only way I can get it down. Yes, 2 of those brownies is considered a snack.
Posted by Cin at 7:03 PM