Google

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Turbo Fire

I haven't been posting the last few days because, uggghhhh, I haven't been working out. I have a legitimate excuse every time I skip a workout (don't we all?).

I'm trying to give up smoking because my health insurance is going to go up $120.00 a month if I don't quit. I can pour as much sugar and saturated fat into my body as my heart desires, but one puff of a cigerette and I'll be broke starting January 1.

I've been using the nicotine patches, which don't help much. I still want to smoke and have a few every day. But the downside is that they keep me awake all night. Even if I take the patch off a few hours before bedtime, I end up staring at the ceiling all night. So I'm exhausted and irritable. I'll be trying the stop smoking injection next month if I get the okay from my doctor. I have to make sure it doesn't interact with a medication I take first. Nothing like the thought of injecting poison into your body to quit a bad habit. But it seems to help some, so I'm willing to try it.

Anyway, I digress. I've been extremely tired and irritable, which is a polite way of saying I've been a royal bit#@ lately. Last night I was so tired I don't think anything could have kept me awake and I slept great. I fully expect to tonight also, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back on track. There are still so many of the workouts I haven't tried and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: