Google

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Turbo Fire Day 12, Fire 55 EZ

I'm still not sure what EZ stands for. This workout is not easy, but it is fun, with lots of kickboxing. I am starting to notice that my knees are aching though. I'm being careful to pivot like Chalene Johnson says too, but I guess I'm either not doing it right, or that hard floor is just a little too hard on my joints. No swelling though so I think it's safe to ignore it for now.

I think it's time to stop doing the 'new to class' option also. I still struggle a little with the choreography, but I'm picking up on her queus now and I'm able to keep up to the beat of the music, so the next Fire class I'll try without using that option.

As far as whether these classes burn a ton of calories as is claimed, time will tell. I'm not dieting but I'm not eating more so it stands to reason that I should see a slow weight loss if I'm really burning calories for 24 hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cin,

THanks for posting. I've been looking for a "real not trying to sell a product" review. And you're hilarious (i.e. Insanity makes me want to curl up on the couch and eat potato chips-LOL). I did the entire Insanity w/o and didn't get the results I desired AND I ate right but many people do 2 or 3 rounds (yikes thats too many months of repetition). But I do mix in a few of my favorites with other workouts.

I am going to try Turbo Fire now. I was concerned if it would be hard enough. I noticed you said one program was only 20 minutes. Maybe I'll add an INSANITY w/o on that day. I'm doing P90X and it's going ok. I love cardio and strength and I'm pretty coordinated (used to teach aerobics pre-marriage and childbirth LOL).

I'll keep following your blog and thanks. Kim

Cin said...

Kim-Turbo Fire is much more fun to do. It definitely doesn't have the muscle building in it that Insanity does though. I can't say I'm seeing results, but I also haven't been doing it but 4 nights a week due to life getting in the way. I definitely need to work on my diet too, or I'm never going to drop the 10 pounds I'd like to drop. But Turbo Fire will give you a good work out once you learn the moves. Good luck and thanks for stopping by!