Google

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thriving Saturdays

So I've been doing Thrive for 3 weeks now and haven't been all that successful. The first week 3 pounds fell off. The second week I had a blow it day and then on Sunday had to go to my dad's for a Thanksgiving meal of ham and the usual casseroles that go along with the holiday. And of course everyone knows what Thursday was, which means Friday was leftover day.

Today I've been fairly good, well except for the light beer. And when you're doing Thrive, you either have a perfect day or a blow it day, so technically and in the Thrive journal, this will be a blow it day. Weekends are my worst days. I'm a creature of habit, so as long as I'm working and following my workday routine, I have perfect days. Well as long as I prepare by grocery shopping for the right foods.

Today I had:

  • Breakfast: Quaker Oats Weight Control Oatmeal with hemp hearts in it for my protein.
  • Lunch: Thrive approved stuffed bell pepper which was great, but after stuffing myself with Thanksgiving casseroles for the last 2 days, I'm suffering from from feeling hungry all over again.
  • Snack: Power Crunch bar, which was great. BTW, that link has a great price, so if anyone knows if that's a good place to order from, please let me know.
  • Dinner will probably be: another stuffed pepper and maybe a salad with it. And I'll more than likely eat another snack (women only get 1) when Mark gets home from working bingo tonight at 9:30.

No exercise, unless you count cleaning out a closet. My hip is still hurting too much for exercising. Once some of this weight melts off, I will be back to doing Turbo Fire, which will help with getting the rest of the 15-20 pounds off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand about weekends. That's the worst time for me too. Hang in there. *HUGS*

Cin said...

Weekends are bad, but I have a better outlook today, now that the week is starting over. New week, new attitude.