Google

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Turbo Fire Day 9, HIIT 20 and Core 20

I've missed 3 workouts in a row because of other obligations and shear laziness, so today I made up for it by doing the HIIT 20 class AND the Core 20 class.

HIIT 20 was another interval circuit class and I don't know how Chalene does it, but she makes it fun and the time flew by. She also keeps you highly motivated and inspired to push yourself, and even though it was only a 20 minute workout, I worked up a good sweat and felt like I got a good workout in.

I wanted to try the Core 20 class (so unlike me to do 2 workouts in a row) simply because I haven't worked my abs in forever, except for a few minutes of crunches in karate class. I can already feel it and I'm sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow. This dvd uses uses a resistance band. I don't have a good one like they use in the dvd, but a cheap one without handles came with the series of dvd's so I used that. I will definitely have to invest in a better one with handles because this giant rubber band made my wrists ache.

Now if I can just get my diet in line . . . funny how when i workout regularly I can't seem to diet. It must be lack of coordination. Some people can't rub their bellies and tap their head, I can't exercise regularly and eat right. I'm going to have to work on that.

Side note: On the HIIT dvd's, there's an option you have to choose: fire up the music: yes or no. The first HIT class I did, I chose yes thinking that yes is for music and no isn't. What they mean is yes if you want the music super loud (you won't be able to hear Chalene's instructions well) and no if you just want the music at a normal volume. I can't wait until I can do these HIIT classes with the music fired up loud!

No comments: