Google

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Insanity Day 24, Core Cardio & Balance

I’m finally on the recovery week. The one that lets you build back up so you’ll have enough energy for for the max circuit. The regular circuit about killed me so I’m not looking forward to next week. My energy stores were so low I didn’t do any workouts all weekend, and by yesterday, I was definitely feeling better.

I can honestly say that I never, ever, ever look forward to doing these workouts. I’ve read that you get addicted to them and can’t wait to do them. Those people are insane! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not lazy and I love workouts that make you sweat and gasp for breath, but I don’t like feeling so drained and achy after a few days of working out. What’s the point in that? If you’re too exhausted and sore to function because you’ve worked out, then why work out? Isn’t the reason you do it to make you stronger and give you more energy? You’re defeating the purpose. Well I know, we do it to look good too.

This week’s dvd is called Core Cardio & Balance. It’s definitely a nice change of pace. It will make you sweat a little, and there are exercises in there that are difficult, but overall, it’s slower paced and tolerable. I can actually do this dvd AND make it to a karate class afterwards.

No comments: