Google

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Insanity Day 30, Max Interval Plyo

When I woke up this morning, I was sore and could definitely feel that I had worked out hard yesterday.

Today's workout was really insane, and I can honestly say, I will never be looking forward to doing these workouts. They completely exhaust me. This workout was the toughest so far. The warm up was the same as yesterday, with me getting winded after the second circuit of the warmup.

The pushups Shaun T. comes up with are unreal. I don't know that I'll ever be able to do them properly, but I'm definitely getting stronger so I'm getting something out of it. This dvd had squat pushups (I think that's what he called them). You get in a squat position, fall down on your hands, do a push up and as you're coming up, push hard enough to push yourself back into the squat position. I could do them after some practice but it completely wore my arms out!

Another pushup he did was balance pushups. Get in a regular pushup position, go down, and as you're coming back up, raise your right arm and right leg, then next pushup your left. I could not do these to save my life, but did the best I could. Here's a youtube video of someone that can actually do these pushups.

Then there were the v pushups with one leg bent up. I don't even know how to describe that one other than to say it works the top of your shoulders and I can't do it well either.

Another pushup he did was in standard pushup position, only when you're pushing yourself back up, your legs jump in and you raise your upper body off the ground so that you're standing. I couldn't even come close to doing that one. There are a few other varieties of pushups also, including side pushups, which I'm not strong enough to do, but I try.

If you want to increase your upper body strength and work on balance, this is the workout for you, but warning, you will sweat like you have never sweat before. I started taking a couple Endurolyte capsules before the workouts and that has definitely helped. I am also choking down Hammer Gel if I have to go to a karate class after my workouts.

No comments: