Google

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Turbo Fire Day 5, Fire 55 EZ

Fire 55 EZ isn't easy, but it sure is fun! Even doing the 'new to class' option, which goes over the choreography (off the 55 minute clock), the time flew by. This is definitely a program I can stick with.

As far as comparing it to Insanity, it's hard to do. The programs are so different, I'm not sure there is a way to compare them. I think once my body gets used to doing Turbo Fire and I've gone through the whole 2 or 3 months (not sure how long it is when you don't have the deluxe dvd's), I will need to switch to something else short term to shock my body and muscles so I continue to improve.

Turbo Fire doesn't concentrate on muscle building, it's cardio only from what I can tell, so that would be the biggest difference. I know there are some toning dvd's in the series that I haven't gotten to yet, but I don't think they're anything as intense as Insanity's massive amount of pushup circuits. Time will tell though.

Turbo Fire is so much fun to do though, and that makes it much easier to talk myself into actually putting the dvd in and hitting 'play' and giving it all I've got. That alone makes Turbo Fire something I can stick with, whereas I dreaded having to go home and put in the Insanity dvd's, and got to where I skipped workouts a few days a week. You won't see results if you don't actually do anything.

No comments: