Google

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turbo Fire, Day 1

Today was my first attempt at Turbo Fire. I say attempt because, even though I chose the 'new to class' option in the menu, it was still hard to follow the choreography.

The class today was called 'Fire 30' followed by 'Stretch 10'. I can see where Fire 30 will definitely give you a cardio workout once you get the moves down. I didn't do great today simply because I couldn't coordinate my arms and legs to the movements I was supposed to be doing. I'd get it down, but by then Chalene was on to another set of moves.

I cranked up the volume on the surround sound and listened to her instructions on choreography and watch intently, trying to mimick her slow moves. Then the music would start and Chalene would go at high speed and I'd be lost. Glad no one could see me trying to keep up! I did work up a sweat, although nothing near what I'd have when doing Insanity.

This will be a lot of fun once I get it down, but I think it's going to take a few days to get my body moving the way it's supposed to. I was half tempted to start the dvd over to try to get the moves down, but decided it can wait until tomorrow.

No comments: