Google

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Turbo Fire Day 2, Hit 15

Today was the Hit 15 class, which went much better than yesterday's class did. When I started it up I noticed there wasn't a 'new to class' option which worried me, but I sucked it up and went on with my workout.

The Hit class is drills lasting about a minute long with breaks in between. It's a lot like Insanity's circuits, only not anywhere close to boring like Insanity's is. Somehow, Chalene makes it fun to do and I was able to get a good workout in, although it was too short I think to get any real results. According to Chalene, doing these circuits gives you an afterburn affect by raising your metabolism for up to 24 hours, but I just don't see how such a short workout can have a great impact when I was killing myself with an hour of those circuits while doing Insanity. When I would do an Insanity workout, I didn't have the energy to pick myself up off the floor afterwards. I could have repeated this workout tonight. I did breath hard after the circuits and I did work up a sweat. I do think once I'm familiar with the routine I'll be able to put more work into it, but I am giving myself a learning curve this first week.

Turbo Fire is fun to do so I'm going to keep on because the thought of going back to Insanity makes me want to curl up on the couch and eat potato chips, which will have a much worse affect on my metabolism.

No comments: