Google

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Turbo Fire Day 11, HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30

Today I did HIIT 15 and attempted Sculpt 30. The HIIT and Fire dvd's are so much fun now that I'm getting better at following Chalene's queus. I'm able to put a lot more energy into them and my heart rate really gets up there. The thing I like most about these HIIT dvd's as opposed to Insanity is that the circuit only lasts about 1 minute, so I'm not holding back, I'm giving it all I've got and it doesn't last so long that I'm bored doing the moves. The 15 minutes absolutely flies by.


The sculping class is pretty boring, but I am going to have to get a resistance band similar to these:


What they send you with the dvd's is similar to this:

This tube band kills my wrists, which are arthritic and prone to tendonitis, thanks to 9 years of sparring in karate and blocking kicks the wrong way (with my hands open instead of fists). Needless to say, after 10 minutes of the sculpting dvd, my wrists were aching and I had to quit. I will get the better resistance band this week before my next attempt at the sculpting class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I saw that you were doing Turbo Fire...how do you like it?? I used to do Turbo Jam and loved those so I thought I might try another one of Chalene's workouts after I finish with Insanity. Have you thought about being a Beachbody coach? You don't have to be a fitness expert or anything (I'm a coach and I'n definatly not!) Anyway, you get tons of support from the other coaches and 25% off of ALL Beachbody products. You can go to www.beachbodycoach.com/laurensnyder under the coach tab for more about it and all of my contact info.

Good luck with Turbo Fire and let me know how you like it!

Lauren

Cin said...

Hi Lauren,

I love Turbo Fire. It's my first experience with Chalene Johnson and I really like it. It's fun, a cross between kick boxing, aerobics and dancing. I may get the Chalene Extreme dvd's later on to add more strength training. I'll have to check into it when I'm ready.

I did Insanity for about 1 1/2 months. I hated it. Don't get me wrong, I love working out hard and working up a sweat, but jeez his workouts were so monotonous I just dreaded having to do them after I hit month 2 and they got so long. Another problem I had with it, being 45 I have some arthritis and it was killing my joints. My hips, wrists, knees and ankles were getting to where they were hurting all the time from the constant plyometrics.

I have a Beachbody coach and actually looked around about it, but truthfully, I'm not interested in becoming one. I work full time in an IT Dept., repair computers on the side part time for extra money and teach/take karate classes 3 nights a week. That's enough!

Thanks for stopping by my site!