Google

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Insanity Day 1, Fitness Test

I woke up knowing that the first job on my list was to complete the fitness test and find out how out of shape I really am. First on the list, take the before pictures. That was discouraging to say the least, and no, I will not be posting them. Sorry.

Frustration set in trying to get the dvd player to work (first problem - the remote is the same color as the lettering on it, impossible to read). I could not figure out how to get it to work, gave up and went to the surround sound. Got it to work but couldn't get the farkin remote to choose the menus, it just stared at me . . . . grrrrrr. Gave up and tried the laptop, but my laptop's screen isn't big enough for me to watch well without my glasses, so back to the surround sound. Debated ripping all cables out of the back of the cabinet and rewiring it. Scratched that idea and did the next best thing, just started hitting remote buttons while quietly cursing husband. Realized I was beating on the wrong remote (there are 5 in our living room). Searched for the correct remote and then game on.

This test is HARD. My thighs burned. I found that I have lost way too much muscle. The positive in this is that I can only improve, right? I do think that no matter what kind of shape you're in, it will be hard if you push yourself. Your goal is to get as many reps in as possible in 1 minute. I didn't do that great, mostly because my endurance has completely left me. Yes there is a price to pay when you smoke a pack a day.



Here's the results:



Switch kicks: 52

Power jacks: 40

Power knees: 70

Power jumps: 26

Globe jumps: 9

Suicide jumps: 10

push-up jacks: 8

Low plank oblique: 23 - really thought that one would be better, but my shoulders got tired

Weight: 140.8 ugghhhhhhhhh



I didn't jump as high as I could have on these, knowing my knees, hips and back will suffer later if I do. If I was 20 instead of 45, I wouldn't give it another thought. Tomorrow is plyometric cardio and I am really dreading it but just hoping to get through it without too many breaks . . .

No comments: