Google

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Insanity Day 9, Pure Cardio

This was my first time doing Pure Cardio and it was pure h - e - double l! I was sweating, winded and my legs felt like lead after the warm up was through. Thankfully Shaun T stretches after the warm up, giving me time to catch my breath and rest my tired legs.

Shaun T said 3 times that he was nervous about this work out. I can definitely see why. There weren't the usual water breaks like in the last videos, just 13 minutes of nonstop cardio and plyometrics. Of course he threw in his favorite too, suicide pushups, of which I doubt I will ever be able to complete a whole circuit.

After the 13 minutes was over, Shaun T laid on the floor, flat on his back, for a minute. I was in that position a couple times during the work out myself.

This work out will test your endurance and strength. I'm already dreading the next time it comes up.

On the upside, I have gotten through (or should I say struggled through) 9 days of this already! I think I can see a slight difference, and I know I've gotten stronger. I've lost a total of 1.8 pounds, and that's without dieting. Saturday I will be taking another picture and doing my second fit test. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the results.

No comments: