Google

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Insanity Day 2, Plyometric Cardio Circuit

When I finished the fitness test yesterday, I really thought I wouldn't be sore today. I was wrong! My hamstrings and glutes are killing me! But I did what Shaun T says to do, dig deeper and push through it. I dragged myself out of bed and put in the DVD for Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

What can I say about this workout? You know it's going to be bad when you have to take a breather during the warm up. I had to stop several times during the circuits, and I felt like a complete klutz trying to learn the moves, but I got through it. Granted, it was at my own pace.

I don't jump very high during the plyometrics. I come off the ground but just barely. For one, I need to protect my arthritic knees, hips and back. But also, I know that my aerobic conditioning isn't what it used to be and if I don't have the strength to carry out the moves, I could easily strain my joints. My goal is to get through all 63 days and I won't be able to do that if my joints are hurting. Don't get me wrong through, I was definitely sweating and gasping for air through a major part of it. My heart rate was up too so I know I got plenty of cardio.

This is a great workout for building stamina and endurance, which is exactly what I need. I want my old energy level back. I want to be able to go to my karate classes and sparr hard again. I haven't been able to do that the last couple years because I have been lazy and not pushing myself. Hopefully the Insanity program will get me back to where I want to be.

No comments: